Wednesday 21 March 2012

Caravan Rebuild - Part 4 1/2

Now that the front ply was set and in place it was down to me to refit the window seals.  I used the mastic on a roll and applied the mastic to the window frame and then eased the seal over it.  I have to say before I did this I did check that the seals fit!







Even though I had checked all three windows when I got to the window on the right hand side I did find I needed cut off some of the seal to get it to fit.


I stapled the window seal in place not stapling in the corners.
Once the seals were in place it was time to put the white window trim in place.  This helps push the seal tight against the window opening.




Once all of the window seals were in, I put the windows back up outside.  I don't have any pics of this because I did it at night!  I used the mastic from the role to help secure the window hanging rails to the front of van and then screwed into place and managed on my own.  Top tip from The Wizards site was to dip the stainless steel screws in turps before screwing into the mastic!  This helps to penetrate and pull and wind the mastic round the screw itself!  

No comments:

Post a Comment