Wednesday 21 March 2012

Caravan Rebuild - Part 5

Part Five started outside, we put the awning and bumper rail back on.  We applied the roll mastic to the fibreglass front shell and marked the screw holes with matchsticks, we then dropped the metal rails over the top and into position and screwed it into place.


Once this was done, we started to remove the awning rail on side of the caravan without the door.  I found that the awning rail had been fitted using white silicon sealant that was not set!  Very messy indeed.


We then moved inside to the front right hand side upper cupboard and removed the wooden struts.



You can see the remnants of the white silicon sealant that caravan guy had used to secure the struts he had put in that I have ripped out!


This is the daylight streaming through from where we've removed the awning rail outside.
We also glued in place the insulation in the shower room





At this point my brother and I decided that the caravan needed a good clean, we were mislaying our tools amongst the mess.  so I knew what I was going to do on Mothers Day the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment