Sunday 22 April 2012

Caravan Rebuild - Part 10

Well after releasing some of the one shot, the next task was to remove it....so I had to get this off...




Which I did with a saw!  It took some doing....phew, finally removed my brother's boss had kindly lent me a decent sander, so out I went this morning, opened all the windows and started sanding.


Once that was done, I let the dust settle and returned an hour later to hoover up the dust.  Now I could start laying the floor tiles.  These vinyl floor tiles were bought from B&M and cost me £1.99 for 7 tiles, I bought 8 packs to do the job which would be more than enough.  I decided to start over the centre axle mount that is bolted into the floor to ensure good coverage, I used the grid lines from the delamination for a straight edge and then started in a stepping pattern from that point.


I didn't take any photo's as I went along as this is really messy job with the tiles being self adhesive...my hands were covered and sticking to everything I touched.  All in all it took me just a couple of hours to cover the whole area, and that was mainly because there was some fiddly cutting with scissors around some of the areas.  


Once the floor was down, I then cut the door bars and secured them with screws onto the floor.  What a difference...





The rest of the floor does look a bit busy, but I guess that's because the seating isn't back in yet, so once that is back hopefully it will look a lot better.


This is the door opening.


The terracotta curtains should look lovely against these tiles.


The great thing about the self adhesive floor tiles is that you get a really neat finish around pipes and flexes because you can just cut them with scissors.








Now the floor was down, and it had had a good hoover, I decided to tidy up a little bit.  I cleaned the hob, grill and cooker...





Struggling to removed the black from the hob rings...any ideas?

Still need to do the oven rack.
The fridge is still to do....




I even managed to mount the clock on the wall..




I then cleaned the bathroom and the cupboards, and am still astounded by how much storage space there is.







So now, one more coat of paint, and then hopefully next weekend we will be able to put the seats back in and put the curtains up!!!  One step closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment